Let’s prevent retinopathy
How can we avoid these complications? Here are some of the steps I try my best to take to avoid complications.
1. BLOOD SUGARS, BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS, BLOOD SUGARS. Get them as tight as possible. Stay within the target levels.I can’t stress how important this is. I try to test my BGL at least 8 – 10 times in a day.
Type 1 diabetic (adult) before meals should be aiming for 4-7mmol/l
Two hours after meals try to aim for less than 9mmol/l
Type 1 diabetic (child) before meal should be aiming for 4-8mmol/l
Two hours after meals try to aim for less than 10mmol/l
2. HbA1c, A1c = Try to get this between 48 – 58mmol/mol (6.50% – 7.50%)
3. Make sure blood lipids (fats) are in a healthy range.
4. Get your eyes tested, every 6 months to a year. Let’s avoid any complications occurring.
5. If you have high blood pressure, get this checked frequently.
125/80 (healthy range)
6. I always try to eat healthy.
. Stay Active. Get that blood circulating
8. I always attend my annual diabetes check ups.
9. Look after your feet